Wednesday, March 3, 2021

NAPKIN DIARY CONTINUES:

 NAPKIN DIARY CONTINUES.

"GAME"

BY

BINA SHARIF

A SHORT ONE ACT, TWO CHARCTER PLAY.

CHARACTERS:

A: FATHER

B: SON

A:  Whya are you moving backward?

B:  I didn't realized that I was moving backward

A:Now you know

B: Yes, now I know

A: Now move frward

B: I can't...

A: Why not?

B:  I have moved too far back.  It's over.

A:  Nothing is over till it's over

B:  It's over.

A:  What?

B:   I don't know.  But It's over. Whatever it was, is now over.

       The game has been won.

A:   By whom?

B:   The game has been won.

A:   But you didn't play the game.  You got out of the line.

B:   I didn't get out of the line. I moved back, but I was still in line

       But the game is over.

A:   Why did you move back? Why did you leave your space in the front to move back in line?

B:    I told you before that I didn't know...

A:    Didn't know what?

B;    That I was moving backward

A:    Now what are you going to do?

B:    Stay there...

A:    Stay where?

B:    Where-ever I ended up.     I am going to stay there...

A:    Get out of the line and move forward

B:    I am not in the line any more. I told you that the game is over

A:   You have given up

B:    That's it.  Long time ago I gave up.  You didn't notice?

A:    Why would I notice?

B:    (furious) You are my father damn it. You are my father.  Damn you...

        You never noticed anything I ever did. You didn't notice anything I ever did...

         YOU DIDN'T NOTICE ME. I moved back in every line of life long time ago

          but you never noticed...You never noticed me.That's why I kept moving backward

          for you to notice me...

A:     (Interrupts him)  I nticed you now...

B:     The game is over.  I lost.

                                                                END OF PLAY

          

No comments:

Post a Comment