Sunday, March 14, 2021

MANHATTAN DAYS

 MANHATTAN DAYS

"I question everye thing,

I believe it's a responsibility to do it." Gabrial Byrne

"If you lose your curiosity about the world,

You are in danger of in a some small way, kind of dying." G.B


"Hollywood,  It's a ridiculous place to want to be accepted.

Like going to a hardware store and looking for a pizza."  GB


"The oil that keep the industry moving is bullshit."  GB


"Going back home?  An immigrant thing-

Too much water under the bridge. 

But he is still there in his head anyway." GB

---------------

"LIBERTY WILL PERISH AND WE WILL DESPAIR...

THE WORLD LOOKS LIKE IT RIGHT NOW."  BS

--------

"Shakespeare has tragedy,  comedy,  fairyland,  hymn,  farce,

Grand divine,  laughter,  terror and horror,  and to say all in one word,  the drama.

No possibility fails him."  Victor Hugo

---------------

'The poet is only limited by his aim." Victor Hugo


"The poet move, strikes,  then exalts or depresses often in inverse ratio to what you expect???

"Shakespeare is fertility,  force,  euberance,  the overflowing beast,

The whirlwind scattering germs,  universal rain of life,  everything by thousands,

Everything by millions,  no reticence,  no binding,  no ecoe sourcehomy,  the inordinate,

And tranquil prodigality of the creator." Victor Hugo


'Shakespeare is the source of dazling wonders- at every turn,  contrast,

At every turn,  light and darkness."

"The poet,  we have said,  is nature,  immense.  Not discrete,  not reserved,

Not sparing,  simply magnificant."  Victor Hugo

---------------------

'The strongest means of attacking vice is by exposing it to

The laughter of the world."  Moliere

-------------

'I should write in my own house,  in an uncivilzed region,

Where no one assists me or stimulates me,  where I seldom

meet a man  who understands the latin of his

 pater Noster and who doesn't know French even less

I should have done it better o,  but 

Work would have been less mine,

 And its chief aim and perfection is to be precisely mine.

I have done what I desired to do, 

Everyone recognises me in my book and my book in me."  Montaigne


'I AM VERY SORRY YOU LAY SO MUCH STRESS ON SUCH TRIFLES." Racine

-------------

"Roll it down the hill."  ?

------------------

"Indolence and lassitude steal away from me."  Sir Walter Scott


"But day must have night- Vigilance must have sleep-

And labour, bodily or mental must have rest." 

"Many people will think that because I see company easily-

my pleasure depend on society,  but this is not the case;

I am by nature a very lonely animal and enjoy myself much

at getting rid from a variety of things connected with public,

Business etc, which I did because they were fixed on me

but I am particularly happy to be rid of."


"This leaves me little time for any thing save exercise

Which I will not give up for wealth or fame."

"The success has been hitherto more than our

warmest calculations anticipated." Sir Walter Scott


"FIND A WAY."

Create during chaos.

Make time for chaotic creation

Nothing else to do?

Create...

Do something

Do something new...

Create

Create something un-usual

Create under all kinds of circumstances...

Creat...

Create you must.

Find a way..."  BS

--------------------

"TALK TO ME LIKE THE RAIN

AND LET ME LISTEN.:         Tennessee Williams


This play is about loneliness

Desolation

The feeling of being stuck somewhere

Delirium of

 People and things...

 Inherently broken

of escapism and the ways we subject ourselves

And the people around us to destruction in search of

Remedy that can alleviate the pain,  intimacy

And the comfort that comes with it." ?

-----------------

"I am staying put come what may"...Strindberg

_________--

"It's knowing how to endure

to bear one's cross to keep faith."  Chekhov


"And when I think of my vocation,

I stop fearing life."

__________-

"Flee the isolation and loneliness

In order to establish themselves as individuals

And artists in their ow right,"  ?


"You talk obsessively about someone else,

any one else,  never particularly one person

but all useless persons. That is one of your fatal flaw.

"Get rid of it-" ?


"It's nothing but destruction and demolition

Of your time. Why is that? "  ?

-----------

"I WONDER AND WONNDER AND I WONDER...

Whatever the hell happened in your childhood

That you crave other's attention?

Others who sadly don't mean much to you."  BS

--------------

"The web of associations between past and present

Circulate in your mind.?" ?

----------

"Don't always behave as a frightened wounded bird-

You are a grown up.  Bird or not-grown up adult-bird-

Behave like one."  ?

------------------

"Have strong belief in yourself- thats the only thing

Which will keep you going.

Endure and accept."  ?


"Character's positive renewal of strength

Is the best performance in life." ?


" Lethargy and boredom is from having

No purpose in life." ?

---------------

" Restless grey shadows who do nothing

But eat, drink. sleep and talk in stupid cliches."  Chekhov's Uncle Vanya


"My con-science would catch me."  

"Explore the dejection and disillusinment of

A whole host of characters."  Uncle Vanya

------------

"Languorus."

I love this word

"LANGUORUS".  BS

---------

"She is a rival.

She is quite remote and keeps her distance,

From everyone else's plight." ?

-----------

"She can not think beyond the

Very next moment."   Dance of death by Strindberg.

---------------

"THE ACTOR MUST BE PREPARED TO GO

IN WHATEVER DIRECTION THE AUTHOR CHOOSES." ?

--------------

"Kind and cruel in the same breath." ?

"Volatile and petulant characters." ?

"Manipulative."  ?



No comments:

Post a Comment