Wednesday, March 31, 2021

CAMUS'S, " CREATE DANGEROUSLY."

 I love Albert Camus.

I read him often.

I have lots of books by him. 

Yesterday I found one called, "CREATE DANGEROUSLY."

My books, like my writing,  my clothes,  my shoes,  my drawings are not in order...

So at times when I am not really looking I find something valuable which had been forgotten...

Then I leave everything and starts to look at the gems in my house..

So I found this book, " create dangerously." printed by Penguen modern which I bought for one

 Euro along with some other great books in Dublin in 2018. 

 Dublin is the city which breathes poetry and literature.

  You feel the greatest writers and poets walking and talking with you everywhere.

It'such a delight to be in the comany of Yeats,  Joyce,  Beckett,  Oscar Wilde and Sean O' Casey.

Books I like, I often go back to them. 

Yesterday I read this book agian.

Camus says, "The basic principle of creating is, 

"THE CREATOR'S FAIH IN HIMSELF."

Just this sentence helped me a lot. 

 I have so many doubts about myself as an artist/writer.  Doubts have

 increased with time in this commerce and success oriented society where artists often feeel like

 failures.

 So I promised myself that I will listen to Camus and have more faith in myself. 

We will see how long it will last.


Camus also reffered to Emerson who said, 

" A MAN'S OBEDIENCE TO HIS OWN GENIUS

IS FAITH IN ITS PUREST FORM."

He mentioned another American writer of nineteenth century who said, 

" SO LONG A MAN IS

, FAITHFUL TO HIMSELF, 

 EVERYTHING IS IN HIS FAVOR,  GOVERNMENT,  SOCIETY, 

THE VERY SUN,  MOON,  AND STARS. " Such amazing optimism seems dead today."

                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment