Sunday, March 7, 2021

NAPKIN DIARY CONTINUES

 NAPKIN DIARY CONTINUES

"SOME ANECDOTES OF THE THE PAST."

I was buying oranges on 7th st and 1st ave store

An old man standing next to me was also picking orang

He suddenly said to me, "We are all thieves."

I looked up...I was quite startled,

He said it again, "We are all thieves."

I was offended

And I said to him, "well, I am not.  You must be the one.

To thieves every one else looks like one."

Then he said, " A wise man doesn't argue with a woman."

__________

I was working as background in a tv movie called, "The clinic."

Being shot at a long island old mansion with gardens and acres of land and lakes

On a very cold wintery day. We were all playing patiens, mental patients.

We were poorly dressed in hospital rags...

I wondered why such poor looking patenits were being treated at such an elite

Location in a mansion?

How could poor mentally ill patients can afford such luxry?

But later on I found out that the poor people/patients were serving a purpose.

A contrast between rich mentally ill and poor mentally ill.

The rich mentally ill patient was Marsha Mason, ex wife of Neil Simon.

It was extremely cold.  I was shivering throughout.  Couldn't control it.

I still shiver when I think of that cold day.

We extras were wearing white hospital coats only.

We were getting $80 for ten hours work.

After ten hours we go overtime. Staying very cold for ten hours hoping to go over time...

So desperate for little bit of money.go to a cafe

Extremely degrading job. 

Thee AD would shout very loud, " Be quite extra

I was doing it for coffee money.  I used to say that to myself to avoid embarresment.

"Coffee money so I can go to a cafe to write." I always wrote in cafes, so it mmade sense to call 

it coffee money but to tell you the truth no other money was coming from any other source..."

So I happily shivered all day in that mansion and outside of it as well.

They also had outdoor shoots.


Well, Marsha Mason was brought to the set in a helicopter.

Helicopter was also part of the scene.

Why such a rich patient come to share the clinic with such poor patients?

I was stilhe same scenetl silently asking this question.

That can never be possible in real life.

Marsha Mason has never had a cup of coffee with me in the same cafe where I go...

Well, that's hollywood...

So she comes in a helicopter and shoot the scene in a brand new, long, big fur coat...

We are in the same scene with her but all of us are shaking, shivering anticipating double pneumonia.


During one of those 2 minute breaks to warm up, one of the elderly woman playing an extra

like me abruptly asked Marsha Mason, "What kind of fur is this?"

Marsha Mason did't like the intrusion on her privacy especially by a poor looking woman playing

an extra...

But perhaps since the woman asking the question was an elderly woman and Marsha wanted to be

 politimee... or whatever, who knows the reason but she Marsha answered, "It's Sable."

'I have the same exact fur coat."  The elederly lady said.

That was a moment in time.  All other actors playing extras were stunned...

"Good for you." Marsha shouted back at the lady quite pissed...

In a state of disbelief...IMagine an elderly woman shivering in cold for ten some hours for

$ 80 some dollars who already owned a Sable? What a hoot. Marsha Mason thought

I guess, she must have that the lady playing a mentall ill patient must be mental in real life

As well as all the other extras.

"Perfect casting"...She gave us all a good look and went back to her helicopter

----------------------------------

My boyfriend must have a strange kind of humor.

After we decided to have a nice time after 24 hours of battle about our relationship

Went for a walk in thf a placee East Village.

As we reached the Saint Mark's place he took me to sock man, a famous shop for socks.

He asked the owner, " Do you know of a place where I can buy some socks for the lady?"

The sock man said, " I really don't know of any place like that in the neighborhood.

You will How are you?ve to 

go uptown."

"NOT NOW." My boy friend said, " I AM TOO EXHAUSTED."

"SORRY." The sock man said. We left the sock man's shop.

I realized that both of them must have similar sense of humor.

--------------------------

The apt across my kitchen window is newly renovated

A CO-OP

Very clean

White paint

No curtains

There are four rooms

I can see all the rooms

A man and a woman live there

Every evening at about 6pm they go to two separate rooms

Both get on their phones

I wonder if they call other people

Or call each other exactly at 6pm and talk to right look."

'you are not right."

You are not right."each other on the phone?

I never see them together in one room talking to each other in person

------------------------------

Every casting director says to me when I go for audition,

"You are not the right look."

'You are not right."

'You are not right."

'But I am here to audition for the role of the Indian doctor.

I am as old as the character is listed."

"You are not the right look."

'You are not right." The casting director says

NEXT AUDITION

"I am here to audition for the strret type poor person"

"You are not the right look."

"You are not right."

'You are not right for the part."

NEXT AUDITION

"I am here  to audition for the wall street character"

"You are not righgivent for the part."

'You are not right."

you are not right, Maybe my parents should have given me this name...

"YOU ARE NOT RIGHT."

"Hey, you are not right, say your prayers.'

'Hey,  you are not right, make me tea."

Hey, 'you are not right, don't fight with your brother."

'Hey, come here, you are not right, warm my hooka pipe."

'Hey, you are not right, have you done your home work?"

Hey, You are not right, dodn't watch western women on tv."

'Hey, You not right, you have to have an arranged marriage."

Hey, You are not right, listen to your parents, don't think of going to America."

'Hey, You are not right, listen to your parents, they are telling you that you are not right for America."

---------------------------------

I water my plants

They drop after two days

I water my plants again

They droop after two days

I water my plants, they droop after one day

I water my plants, they droop the same day.

I clean my underwears, they get dirty the next day

I clean my underwears, they get dirty the next day.

I clean my underwears, they get dhe plate gets dirty right awayirty the next day.

I clean my dishes, they get dirty riight away after I eat

I have my coffee, the cup gets dirty right after the coffee is finished

I have my snack at midnight, the plate gets dirty right away

I get up to wash it and miss my favorite program called NATURE

ON CHANNEL 13...

I get mad at myself, mad at the plate, mad at the underwears,

Mad at the dishes,

Mad at the drooping plants...

I develop insomnia...

I am awake night after night

I am miserable

I have a nervous breakdown...

I watch channel 13 all night

I am into nature

-------------------------------

I buy a fur coat from a thrift shop

It tears the day I wear it...

I buy another fur coat from another thrift shop

It tears the moment I wear it

I buy another fur coat from another thrift shop

It tears right after I leave the thrift shop...

I wish I had a Sable like Marsha Mason...

------------------------

In the street a man says,

"Leave me alone bitch."

te streetIn the street a woman says,

"Fuck off bastard."

Next day the ma says,

"Leave me alone bitch."

f bastard." woman says,

"Fuck off, you bastard."he street

Then they go to Odessa and have cabbage soup.

Then they come back in the street

The man says,

'Leave me alone bitch."

"Woman says, "Fuck off bastard."

"THEIR LIFE GOES ON."

---------------------------------

An American lover says to a Japenese lover,

"I want to kill myself by HARI KARI"

Japenes lover goes to buy a pack of marlbrough

When she comes back her American lover is dead...

In many other couples lives

Only promises are made

But the promises are never kept.

-----------------------------

My dog is doppy

When I raise my voice

I startle her

When she raises her voice

She startle me...

We are two doppy love birds

Who live together....

---------------------------

My shower is so weak that when I try to wash my hair

It takes a hell of a time to even wet it throughly...

Then i.....

try to wash y hair in the sink

After that I feel that I left my neck and my head in the sink

My neckless  and headless body moves to the bed...

Since my head and neck are missing

I can't have my usual nightmares...

I heard that nightmares are the functioning of the brain...

I simply can't function without nightmares

In order to function in the society one has to have

Nightmares

I am part of this society

And in order to

Function properly

I need my nightmares

And for that I have to have my head on my shoulders...

With my neck Intact....

So washing my hair is out of the question

So dirty hair is much better than leaving my neck and head in the sink...

-------------------------

A bum says to another bum,

"You are a bum"

The bum doesn't care

A very rich man with Tesla says to the bum,

'You are a bum."

The bum is over joyed for recognition

Some one says to Woopi goldberg, 

'You have talent."

She doesn't care..

It had no effect on her

Mike Nicols told her,

'You have talent."

She beamed with the joy of recognition

Then they put her in hollhrywood movies

Now she is on Hollywood square

Her talent has been thrown out of  te window

IT HAPPENS...

----------------------------

Guess whose picture has fallen on the garbage bags,

Outside Joseph Papp's public theater...

Is it Joseph Papp or Shakespeare?

They shouldn't throw the great posters out.

They land on top of the garbage

The garbage...yes.

Or the garbage shoud be removed right away...

NOT IN NY, NO, NOT IN NY. 

 GARABAGE STAYS IN THE STREETS FOR MANY MANY DAYS.

-------------------------------------------

My boy friend thinks that I am exhausting

I already know that I am exhausting.

Do I need a boy friend to tell me that again?

 ---------------------------------

Where do you go when you mess with Johney Carson?

Hollywood Squares...

-------------------------

WHAT DID SHE DIE OF?

She died of depression...

Mental depression or ecnomic depression?

I don't think it was mental depression

She really took care of it in her life

She had depression fits at 9am

11 am

I-30pm

12 midnight...

Her body got used to it...

I think she died of ecnomic depression

No nourishement

She couldn't afford the mental fits

Her body was malnourished

One needs lot of strength and good healthy food

For so many nervous/mental breakdowns..

Ecnomic deppression and deprivation was 

Her death in life...to 

Oh! well, you can't stay on this eartth for ever

You have to go some day

But she wago quicklyno ted to die nicely

She wanted to get hit by a truck

She wanted to go quickly...

After a life time of ecnomic depression

And malnourishment...

A punishment for life...

But what matter now is that she is finally free

From both kinds of depressions...

Mental and ecnomical

SHE IS FREE OF BOTH






No comments:

Post a Comment