Monday, March 30, 2015

THESE AWFUL DREAMS

There was upstairs and downstairs
There were lots of men and women
All scattered in different rooms/enclaves/cubicles
What were they doing?
Don't know
It wasn't an office upstairs
And it wasn't a kitchen downstairs

It wasn't Downton Abbey
It was some kind of surreal atmosphere
With danger lurking around
Lots of tension
Some familiar faces in the crowd
Some ladies seemed as if we have met before

Men were tall and strong
Like marines
As if they have just fought a battle somewhere
Or as if they were still fighting a battle
There were people of all colors
Asians, Africans, Latin, White people

Where was this taking place?
Have no Idea
It wasn't a party though
Neither was it a gathering of some kind
Some people who were in cubicles seemed pretty Isolated
And seemed frightened

We were upstairs
I think we were
Me and another woman I recognized
She was trying to talk constantly
As if trying to divert attention
Or to distract the dangerous looking people not to harm her

All of a sudden one man took a woman
 to a corner and shot her in the head
The hot red blood shot up and covered the wall behind her
Thats when we realized that 
He is going to shoot all of us one by one

Some people went ran downstairs to hide
But we knew eventually they will be caught and shot in the head
So we didn't run anywhere
We, me and the woman who seemed familiar to me
As if she was a friend or so
We stayed put
Without moving an inch
But she kept talking
As if her turn will never come

But we knew deep down that all of us will be shot
Shot in the head like the person whose blood
Splattered all over the wall behind her
Then some man came and shot the man who had already shot the woman

Slowly and gradually there were less people left
Most of them had been shot right in-front of us
My friend kept chatting as if nothing was happening
I went downstairs to see how many others were hiding
I couldn't find any one
What happened to them?
There were so many people a while ago
Where did they all go?
What's going on?

Who are we?
Where are we?
Why people are bing killed?
Who are the killers?
They chat, they laugh, they barack jokes
And then they shoot people in the head
Smilingly, laughingly, jokingly
As if they were playing a joyful game
As if there were no humans there
Just rabbits and dears and pigeons
As if it was a hunting party

Like all the hunting parties of kings and aristocrats 
A house party where the hunting was necessary for the guests
All guests were invited to shoot in the forest
But there was no forest here and no dogs and horses
For the hunting party
Just ordinary people 
In an ordinary place
Not very exciting
Just upstairs and downstairs

And regular looking people chatting and then casually 
shooting people in the head
I knew my turn will come
I knew it
You can imagine my fear'
Perhaps you can't
But the fear in the dreams is much more intense than in 
the real world
In the real world perhaps someone will help you
Thats perhaps

Maybe not
The way the world is going
Perhaps no one will help you
But in a dream
No one will help you
No one
Its good ark to find some one to help you
Only you see the danger in the dark
No one else
No. No one else

And suddenly the man
The good looking, evil man laughingly took the woman
The woman who looked familiar to me
The woman who was perhaps my friend
My dear friend
And took her in the corner and
Blew her brains out
The red blood covered the whole wall
The wall was dark
The blood was bright red
It looked like an black and red ominous looking painting

Painting looked kind of interesting
The colors were very sharp
You can't go wrong with black and red
Red and black
When the man took that woman
The woman I knew to shoot her
I was sitting next to her
I was always sitting next to her

Does the shooter follow an order
Me next?
Was that the order?
Or was it random?
I didn't notice till he shot the woman
Sitting next to me
The woman I knew

Now the room seemed empty
Very empty
All the people have already gone
It seemed like I was the only one in the room
Only one
Only one left
Me and him
Me and him left alone in that space
No one else
Every one else had gone
Where did they go/
Are they downstairs?
No I don't think so
I didn't see them going downstairs
They just disappeared
Evaporated in the thin air

Now what?
I am the only one left
The only one…………………..


No comments:

Post a Comment