Sunday, June 28, 2009

JUST TALKED AND DID NOTHING ELSE ALL DAY JUST TALKED

Talked to the strangers
Talked to the people I know
Talked to people I hardly know
Talked to people I don't know

Just talked and talked and talked

Doing must be better than talking
But doing is so hard some times
Most of the time it is so very hard
People are all doing
I am just talking

But I am not people
I am not people at all
I am not a doer
People are doers
I am a talker

'Want to talk ?"
"Sure."
"Lets talk then."
"Yes, sure, lets talk."

"Do ?"
"What ?"
"Do."
'Never heard of the word, do."
"What does that word mean ?"
'Lets talk."
"Yes, lets talk."

All day gone
Talking
Talking about this and that
About weight gain
And then eating
So constructive everything is
So constructive
Not doing anything
Like being at the beach
Not doing anything
Just lying there in the sun
Looking at the waves coming in and then going out
Waves coming in and then going out
All day
The same activity
Activity neverthe less
All day
Not talking though
Waves don't talk
They do
They rush in and go out
They come in again and fade out again
All day
They dp
I talk
But I am not an occean
I am not a wave
I am just a talker
All day talked and talked and talked
Talked about this and that and then this and that again
All day
"Ashamed of yourself ?"
"Very."
"Why ?"
"For talking"
"For not doing, but talking."
"Tomorrow don't talk at all."
"I will try."
"Good."
"OK."
"THen tomorrow do something."
"Ok."
"Don't forget."
"I won't."
"Promise ?"
"Promise I will only talk tomorrow again and do nothing again."
"Ashamed of yourself ?"
"Very."

No comments:

Post a Comment