Wednesday, March 15, 2023

"HEAR THE SINGING BIRDS SING."

 "HEAR THE SINGING BIRDS SING."

A NEW SOLO PLAY

BY

BINA SHARIF

copyright:binasharif 2009-2023

'Hear the singing birds sing...

did you hear me?

I said, "hear the singing birds sing."

The widow is closed...

I cn't hear the sining birds sing."

Open the widow...

I can't...

'Why not?

The window is closed...

I said, Open the window and hear the birs sing."

Window is locked...

Locked?

Yes, locked.

Who locked it?

I don't know...

Who knows?

I don't know...

No one comes here...

I know...

So, who locked the window?

I don't know...

Smashed the window...

Smash the window?

Yes, smashed the window...

And then?

Then what?

Yes, then what?

Then hear the birds sing...

it's snowing outside...

So?

Birds don't sing during the snow...

Who said so?

Every one says so...

What do they say?

They say that the birds migrate to other countries durin snow...

Who said so?

I heard...

From whom?

People...

You listen to people...

I hear people talk...

Which people?

People...

It means nothing what people say...

I don't mean to always listen but they are so loud that I can't help listenig...

Thats why you don't hear the singing birds sing...

Maybe, people are always screaming and it scares the birds and they migrate to other countries

where people may be more quiet...

Who told you that?

No one...

So, how do you know?

I know a thing or two...

You do?

Yes,, I do.

I am not an idiot...

Who said that you are?

You...

I?

Yes,

I never sais that...

You always say, "How do you know? how do you know?"

I just say that because I need to know where does your knowledge come from?

From you...

Oh! me?

Yes, you

Jee...

You behave as if you know everything...

I know somethings, somethings you might have no knowlede of...

Like what?

Like the birds singing...

I know about the singing birds...

They are called, 'BULBUL."

WHAT?

See, you talk like you know everything about everything but you don't know what is the meaning of

Bulbul...

I know...You just told me.

The birds which sing are known as BulBul...

Not here though, maybe in some foreign lands...

Yes, in foreign land...my Bulbul has gone away to a foreign land, my land, thats why I can't hear her

 sing...i need to go there, far away, far, far away...where the singing birds are singing, so I can hear their

 songs...here it's always snowing...birds wanted to sing, so they left.

Thats why I can't hear them...even if I smash the window I won't hear the bulbul...i have to go where the

 birds have mirated to hear the singing birds sing...

--------PART TWO





No comments:

Post a Comment