Wednesday, July 24, 2013

PROPER WAY OF LIFE

PROPER WAY OF LIFE

A SHORT PLAY
BY
BINA SHARIF

Copyright:binasharif 2013

M: She is with a tall man

N: And?

M: And what?

N: She is with a tall man and what?

M: Nothing else-she is just with a tall man-

N: Not a very interesting story

M: Who said, its a story?

N: I thought you were a story teller

M: You can think of whatever you want....

N: SO WHAT'S THE POINT?

M: Point of what?

N: Point of telling me that,"She is with a tall man."

M: No particular point...just a conversation

N: Thats not a conversation.  Thats a statement

M: Alright, thats a statement

N: What's the point of making statements?

M: Just a way of talking

N: Who is talking?

M: I was talking

N: You weren't talking to me

M: i WASN'T...

N: SO WHY SAY,"JUST A WAY OF TALKING?"

M: Just to do something, one has to say something

N: Why say something when one has nothing to say

M: I had something to say

N: Like what?

M:  I said,"She is with a tall man."

N: Yes, but information is incomplete

M: Who's information?

N: Your's-

M: I wasn't informing any one-

N: Then why call it information?

M: Just a certain way of talking, keeping busy...

N: That's not a great way of keeping busy

M: What is?

N: Doing something

M: Saying something is doing something

N: Do you know the English language?

M: What do you mean?

N: Do you have any idea of the English language?

M: As much as you do, I guess....

N: No you don't...

M: What is it that I don't know?

N: The English language

M: Ok, teach me

N: "Saying" means "Saying" and ,"Doing" means, "Doing"

M: My sayings are my doings...

N: Thats nonsense

M: NO, ITS VERY IMPORTANT. WHAT EVER YOU SAY,THATS WHO YOU ARE

      AND WHO EVER YOU ARE THATS WHAT YOU DO.

N: You are crazy

M: Better to be crazy than so fucking critical. Who are you any way? Get off my back.

      You are overwhelmingly negative about whatever I say or do.  You always are.

       every moment of my life, you are criticl for no reason, get off my back, you monkey.

       irritating me with your negativity, killing my impulses all day long....

       get off my back otherwise I will stab you,  I am so sick of you that I can't breath...

       You say one more fucking thing and you are dead...dead...dead. Now shut the

        fuck up.  Once and for all, shut up, shut up, shut up.

        I am sick of your rant and your scratching and clawing my back....

        scratching my neck with your venomous claws.  You open your mouth

       one more time you are dead, and it will be stabbing by a knife...(he lifts up his knife)

       I have a knife my sharp kitchen knife, (Shows him the knife) look, how long and

      how sharp my knife is.... You dare open your mouth one more time and you are a dead man.

      (Raises his knife to stab his own back)

N: Don't be stupid.  Don't commit suicide,  Just learn proper way of life.  Learn the

      the English language.  Say and do proper things to live properly. I am not at your back.

      I am not your monkey.  That monkey doesn't exist.  I don't exist  at least not the monkey

      of your back..  You are your own monkey, you want to kill your own monkey, go ahead...

M: (LIFTS UP THE KNIFE AND PIERCES HIS OWN SPINE)

END OF PLAY

    

    








No comments:

Post a Comment