Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WHAT IS THIS MELANCHOLY ?

At the rise of the sun
It comes
The anguish
The waking up
The first feeling is,  oh! gee, what now ?  the sameness of the last day...
Again and again
What is it that one wants ?

Should be happy to wake up
But there is always a sense of loss and waste
when the eyes are trying to open to greet the day
People say its all negativity
But what do people know

People just talk and make remarks
Without any knowledge of anything
History, culture, exile,sensitivity,differences, otherness
People just talk and then abruptly try to leave saying,  "Got to go,  have a meeting."

There is no meeting, its just they already said what they were going to say
'All negativity."  people say
As if they are so full of brilliantly shining positive thoughts
Wouldn't they sit down rather,  get rid of their cells and get involved
in a serious discussion and an educated debate instead of attacks and provocations...Its all a waste,  waste of energy,  waste of time,  these Un-informed, slightly uneducated, hurried
little snippets of racism and put downs before they run to the meeting....

People are ignorant of the things they talk about
Well,  most of them know nothing of importance and behave like they are experts of all matters
of Asia and the East and the religion especially....
I wish they got to their meeting much earlier,  before they saw me even...

Maybe its that feeling of running into Ignoramus,  Experts that I dread when I am trying to wake up...
Oh! now another day of listening to their expert opinions of my religion and race
which depress me while I am trying to open my eyes....

Oh! gee, now they are going to attack me for all the crazies running around with their Kalishnakovs...and all I wanted was to have a hot cup of coffee which is as rare
in the Western cafe's as the Islamic countries now without the suicide bombers....
"Why can't you make the cappuccino hot ?  Damn it ?"
"I don't know...go ask the terrorist how come they can't stop the terror."
The waitress answers....

Can you believe this ?
Every culture has its problems
In the West its impossible to have a steaming hot coffee without a lengthy question answer
argument with the waitress and who wants to have an argument with the Islamist in the East...

Maybe thats the anguish when I wake up,  cold coffee of the West and the terror of the East...
I can;t figure this out....I am not as brilliant as the rest of them who are constantly running
to their meetings
Maybe my anguish in the morning is that I have no meeting to attend to so I keep going back for the luke warm coffee of the West...and pay for it....
You pay for everything in the West.....
There is nothing for free....
Back home at least hot tea was for free....
}Have tea."  Your neighbor says
"No khallaji,  I just had tea."
"Have another cup...its really gharam, (hot)"
"Nian Khallaji,  bohat chia pee lee hey, (No auntie,  I have drank enough tea today.)
"Koi baat nahein...aur pio,  gharam gharam, (Don't worry have another cup,its really hot."

Who is going to give you tea or coffee with such affection and with perfect warmth and for free ?  Only in the East,  only in the East....see we have terrorism but also free hot tea...
In the West after paying $ 5 atleast,  the coffee comes like the luke warm piss and dare you complain to the all knowing,  miserably unhappy,  attitudy waitress....she is ready to throw you out long before you dare open your mouth....
Maybe thats my anguish when I open my eyes for the first time in the morning..
"Oh! gee now I have to pay $5 for the shitty coffee...."
But I don't have to go to the cafe for that lousy coffee
But then what do I do ?
I have no meeting to go to....
I am an artist.....ha..ha..ha..ha...go ask the Village Voice if they think you are an artist...
Maybe thats my sense of loss and waste when I wake up in the morning....

Sense of loss ?  sense of waste ?  from the sayings of Village Voice ?  A lousy free paper...
more lousy than the lousy coffee....thats the reason for tour sense of anguish....
You need more self respect girl......

Feel totally accomplished that the Voice skipped you.............
Wake up happy from now on....the cause of happiness and accomplishments have been explained to you today.



No comments:

Post a Comment