Monday, November 23, 2020

A HOMELESS WOMAN IN TOMPKIN'S SQUARE PARK, NYC

A HOMELESS WOMAN IN TOMPKIN'S SQUARE PARK


SHERRY, HOMELESS WOMAN:

"Mother died yesterday or was it today?"

Then who sends me the letter every day?

The letter from my mother...

A MAN, PASSER BY:

MAN: ( asks her)

Do you have a last wish before you die and join your mother?

SHERRY:

Yes.  Give me a dollar so I can get a letter from my mother.

MAN: (Confused)

What do you mean?  A dollar? To get a letter from a dead mother?

Doesn't make any sense...

SHERRY:

Yes, give me a dollar so I can get a letter from my mother.

You see a man comes to me from the other side of the park

Every day.  I give him a dollar and he brings me a letter from my mother

Today, I don't have a dollar so I couldn't give it to him

And he refused to bring me my mother's letter...

SHERRY: (Asks other passerby) 

Do you have a dollar?  Do you have a dollar?  Sir, do you have a dollar?

(They all keep going)

MAN, THE FIRST PASSERBY:

(Gives her a dollar, she takes it happily and says to him.)

SHERRY:

Ok, here is the dollar.  Oh! I got the dollar, soon I will have my letter from my mother

(To the man). Could you please go and get me the letter because i don't see my daily contact?

MAN:

(Takes his dollar back and says)

Ok, I will get the letter for you.

(Man goes away and come back after a few minutes and give her a blank piece of paper.

Sherry is over joyed and begins to read)

SHERRY:


No comments:

Post a Comment