Saturday, December 20, 2014

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

(end of commercial)
1-800 get hard
Music begins, lights fade on the actor, he exits, lights up on Karima, Center stage right:

NEXT SCENE

KARIMA:

My producers have just informed me that no guest has showed up yet.

And I say, to hell with the guests----

Its time for new year resolutions

You see, every year in the past I made a long list of very up beat and positive resolutions

such as:

Losing weight

Getting my act together

Moving forward towards success.

Going to the gym 4 times a week

Always looking good like very together people.

Getting the apt painted

Apt in an Immaculate condition

Demanding an elevator built by landlord

Throwing all clothes and books and stuff out

Perfect computer set up in the apt

And learning the new technology.

Did I  achieve any of  those?

None,  Absolutely not.

So I decided that the new year resolutions will be all NEGATIVE

Get fatter

Be more foolish

And fail completely, absolutely

Achieve nothing in 2015:  Zero, zero, zero

Don't disturb the dust in the apt.

No cleaning,  mopping ....

Don't clean the dishes, they will be dirty again

Don't do the laundry, it will be dirty again

these are useless, unartistic activities

When you walk in the apt after the hard days life, make it totally messy

Throw everything in the middle of the room, Brazier, underwear, newspapers,

mail, broken wet umbrella , wt coat, gloves, hat goes on the sofa

Then sit down and eat.

Eat fried chicken, fried  donuts, fried bread, everything fried

Ice cream, cake, macroons....

Never go near a gym

Be very depressed all the time

Be very lonely during the holidays

But be and polite like the British....

I bet you a million dollars that you will succeed.

BE A FAILED ARTIST.  THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT FIOR 2015

So I dedicate this new year to the failed artist.

Happy new year to all of you and every one out there...

Thin people, fat people, tall people, short people, talented and untalented,

Poets, bums, actors, shizopherenics, priests, paedophiles, stars rapiests, happy new year

AND NOW ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER SHORT BREAK

(Music comes on, lights begin to fade on center stage right area, Karima moves to center stage left and sits on the sofa,  music fades, lights up)

KARIMA:

Oh! my god, this new list of my negative resolutions is even longer than all

the positive ones in the past.  I will not be able to implement these either.

Nothing works, I try this way, that way but nothing works.

I am going to take those magically positive one minute nap to rejuvinate my brain.

I am exhausted.

(She lie down on the sofa, lights fade on her and Hale Luha music comes on )

During the music, Jesus comes on.... Special on Jesus)

NEXT SCENE:  JESUS AND KARIMA




No comments:

Post a Comment