Friday, July 6, 2018

ZULEKHA AND KHATIJA'S HOUSE DIVIDED, SEGMENT TWO

ZULEKHA AND KATIJA'S HOUSE DIVIDED, SEGMENT TWO

ZULEKHA:

Khatija, my sister wants me to be happy.

Happy and proud...

How can that be possible under te circumstances?

My family and me are fighting every day.

They are far, far away but we never stop to fight...

Some times I say to myself, "Don't worry, its not their fault entirely

We are all struggling from the same thing

Identity issue.

While I was walking in the street the other day, I saw white handsome men

with thick, bushy beards...

Beards?  I said to myself

Where are the beards coming from/  White American men with beards?

Oh! the stole the idea, the symbol from the Muslims...

Is that possible?

Don't they hate Muslims?

Yes, but why not steal the good, handsome things from their culture if they want?

They can do anything they want...

One day the beard is the symbol of terrorism, Muslim terrorism, of course, what else...

The next day te models in TMAGAZINE have thick bushy beards....

Fashion is obviously different than terrorism...

Models, white male models with beards have nothing to do with Muslim Mullah's with beard...

Wow! I said and kept walking like a fool as usual...

Then I saw a sign out side a tiny place named,  SULTANA"

Since I was seeking Identity, the name seemed authentic...

"I should go in and see if I can find whatever I am looking for iside, SULTANA...

When I walked in I saw lots of white men and women SMOKING HOOKA PIPES...

Oh! wow , I said, The white people are now smoking hooka pipes...wow..wow..wow..

Didn't hooka came from Khatija and Zulekha's house hold?

Yes, but they stole it...they didn't like Katija's ancestors smoking hooka pipes, they called them,

losers, idiots, stupid, wasting their livves in smoky hooka pipes places...

Now it has become the fashion in NYC to smoke hooka pipe and call every Muslim a terrorist...

But hey, people, you are smoking their hooka pipes...leave something cultural for Muslims...

Terrorism is not a culture, terrorism is a label...Hooka pipe is the culture...

They all looked at me as if I was a thief...

"To hell with Identity"  I said and left...

I Instantly got exhausted and my knee joint stated to bother me becay=use

Road to SULTAN was paved with stairs...

"Oh1 let me go buy some organic pain killers...

So I went to Commodities...

Wow, I said, wow, wow, wow...  Tumeric, (HULDI) we call it huldi...

Muslims and Hindues have been using Tumeriic fir centuries, no cooking is ever complete without

huldi...
60 and buy the tumeric capsues...maybe my identity is in Tumeric capsules...
Oh! they are selling, TUMERIC CAPSULES, $45, $50, $ 60...

Oh1 man...they also stole Tumeric our very yellow huldi...and selling it for so much ,oney...

Antiinflamatory...eat tumeric...You telling me...Now I have to pay $ 60 dollars and to

Buy tumeric which you stle from my village...Jesus...

Maybe I should spend $ 60 and buy Tumeric capsules and stare at them shouting, I found my

identity,

I found my Identity...

But tumeric used to be the cheapest thing in our country and we never really liked the smell and its

stains leaving signature, i didn't have thhe heart to spend $60 dollars...any way I didn't ahve $ 60 ...

My name is Zulekha, I never had 60 dollars in my pocket...

I left Commodity and decided to go for a walk on fifth ave to geel good.

Wow, wow, wow, I ddaw very expansive men's sandles/loafers look alike open shoes with gold and

silver and multi colored patterns on them...

They look kind of familiar...where have I seen thhem?  I was wondering...

Oh! Oh1 wait...I remembered...when Muslim men get married n the day of the wedding

the bridgroom wear festive shoes ike that which were originally worn by MUGHAL KINGS

AKBAR AND BABAR... CALLED, KHUSA...

And now they were in Laboutini designer store on fifth ave costing thousands of dollars...

My goodness, my identity is every where, how come I feel lost here?

My hook pipes, my khusa shoes, my tumeric, my beards, keep searching for your identity and you

will find it and then you will be happy, happy and proud...proud of your beautiful heritage stolen by

the one who doesn't give you the right to own your dignity and pride...thhey call you, Terrorist"  Just

one word.. and take care of you...

Hey guys, give me my stuff back, everything, my telescope, my astronomy, my mathematic, my

gold, my hooka pipes, my classical designs of shoes and my silk, my cotton, my tea, my pashmina

and even my huldi, my tumeric and I will go back...just give it back, ok?  I don't want to walk on

your

avenues for the rest of my life, just give me my stuff back,

 my knowledge, my wisdom, my beauty, my esthetics,

 my faith,

 my dignity,

my pride...

give it back...

my sister Khatija wants me to be happy and proud....

yes, I want to be happy

Yes, I want to be proud

Give me my stuff back.............





No comments:

Post a Comment