Wednesday, October 16, 2013

HALLOWEEN

HALLOWEEN

What to perform at halloween?
What to say?
What to cry about?
What to laugh about?
What to wear?
What to say?
What to perform?

About death?
Or about life?
Or about in between?

In between perhaps
Yes, In between

In between death and  life
Or is it the opposite way?
In between life and death?

But it comes to the same thing
What is the meaning of halloween any way?
To scare death...
Some say

To scare death?
To look like death and still try to scare death

Why death will be scared by some one who looks like death?
But how do they know what death looks like?
Have they met death before?
At a party?
Or at a wedding?
Or at a funeral?
Or at a picnic near the edge of a river?
Or in the middle of the Ocean when their aircraft PLUNGED INTO IT?

THEY SEEM SO CONFIDENT ABOUT DEATH'S FACE
How come/
Its just stereotyping
Saw some photographs of death and assumed death's face a certain way
More scary than death actually
But death is still laughing at you
Death is in the lobby
Who knows when it will get you
The moment you step into that crowded hallway
Death will grab you
You won't even know it
You won't even imagine it
You won't even think it
You are so proud of your costume
But its dark,
Its black
Its white
It shimmers
It glows
It hides
It scares
It shines
It blinds you
It cheats you
You think you are enjoying yourself
Don't you
Wait till you get into that lobby
If I were you I won't take a step out side this room
If I were you I will stay stuck in this chair
If I were you I will never leave this seat

But let me tell you death will still come
No matter where you hide death will be coming
You think this is a depressing topic?
Death, death, death

Go out and see how many creative artists and theater goers and the
bored house wives look so glamorous  and deadly to night
They want to either match death or defeat death
The one who will be able to scare death to shit will win the prize today
But we will all win the prizes some day
No you don't want to?
So why did it take you one week to make this out landish costume?
I don't understand
Yes, thats right,
I don't understand

When I tell people honestly that I don't understand your holidays
They say, "NO.YOu don't.  You are a foreigner."
So Thats what I think and now believe
That I don't understand
Yes, I am an outsider
Yes, death won't come to me here
Its not my land
I don't understand and the people who were born here tell me that I don't understand
Are correct
And that is the reason that I don't understand what Halloween is all about?
Is it about life?
Is it about death?
Is it between living and dying?
Or is it about living or dying?
Or is it about never dying?
Or is it about living for ever?
Or is it just a party to have fun till we die?

So can an outsider allowed to have fun till he/she dies?
Can a foreigner who doesn't actually understand anything about the foreign culture
in which she/he lives join and enjoy the party?
If you give me the permission I will stop asking what its all about
I will stop asking the many questions I have about life and death
If you allow me I will just not think about existence and its meanings and faults and aches and paains
and just enjoy the party
If you allow me I will go out and boldly encounter death in the lobby and under the influence of cheap red wine and still dodge death
If you will allow me I will laugh at the face of its ugliness and have another glass of red wine
If you will allow me I will go into the bigger room where people who will never die are dancing
If you will allow me I will join the singing dervesh and dance with him till dawn
If you will allow me the foreigner I will like to be like you thinking its my land, my party, my
halloween, though I don't understand what ius the meaning of it just enjoy myself neverthe less
If you allow me I will always live like this....
Never understanding anything, never questioning anything, never be critical of anything,
never worrying about anything and always just enjoying myself
Yes, thats what I will do....
Just always enjoy myself
No questions asked
Questions are so boring
Boring, boring, boring
Critical mind is too, boring, boring, boring....
Just enjoy life
Just enjoy life and whatever comes with it...
Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas,
Eat turkey even if you can not swallow it
Eat turkey even if its not tasty and spicy to your taste buds
Eat turkey, I said, now thanksgiving is coming
And no questions asked about what is the meaning of thanksgiving
No questions put forqard to the nice people who invite you to thanksgiving...
Don't say what are you giving thanks for?
No, no questions...
You are a guest in some one's house
No questions
Remember you are a foreigner with no understanding of other people's holidays
You are here just to enjoy whatever comes
And many things do come your way...
Many holidays, many, many holidays
Presidents day
Columbus day
Mothers day
Fathers day
Thanksgiving
Halloween.....
Shut your brain and have fun
Shut your brain, I said and have some wine
No questions
Arn"t you tired of your brain?
Relax.....Be calm....
Whatever the meaning of anything is, is not your concern
Your concern is to just enjoy....
Enjoy whatever comes your way...no matter what comes your way
Rats, dogs, mice, dog's shit, pizza, hummus, turkey.............
Just don;t be a turkey
Just eat turkey.....
Think its delicious
See its delicious
See, death which will be avoided tonight is also delicious
Look how many people who look like death are so delicious.......

No comments:

Post a Comment