Friday, September 27, 2013

UPSTATE HOLIDAY TRIP CONTINUES

A HOLIDAY UPSTATE NY

Maybe the control freak owner of the B&B could have asked his guests,"What would you like for breakfast, ladies and gentlemen?" like they do it in England.
England is the place from where this concept of B&B started.
They always ask you, "Would you like cereal lovey or scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage
and beans with some mushroom sauce?"
But the sun dried muffins this owner of Hudson establishment served were loaded with salt and were also not fully cooked....
Why would some one just serve sun dried salty Uncooked muffins for breakfast?  Its beyond me...

Then the second course, peaches with the sugar loaded Yougart...I guess he is compensating for too much salt now by giving us too much sugar...
Now comes the third course...)I have never heard of a three course breakfast in a B&B where the simple plain eggs and toast is completely missing)
Now here is the third course: Un cooked butter pancakes...Tons of butter and tons of sweetest possible
blue berry sauce dripping on the half cooked pancakes and all of us kept saying,"Thank you, thank you" and he kept saying,"YOu are very welcome."
Actually I didn't say many ,"Thank you"  My husband did and all other guests did and no one ate breakfast.
I wonder what they were thanking him for? The robber, who robbed them of their money and didn't
even give them a decent breakfast.
To be polite perhaps, but why?
Not to annoy the owner perhaps, but why?
Or are we all so repressed, afraid, unhappy cowards who just suffer and suffer...
My husband requested me not to open my mouth,(My family think I have a big mouth) so they always
warn me not to open my mouth.....
So I sit at boring places at boring restaurants, with boring food and behave as a deaf and dumb person
and my family smiles and say at the end, Oh! you really behaved today."
So I didn't open my mouth because I was the only ethnic, dark, minority there in this expansive
white establishment and I didn't want to upset my husband because white people always feel that the darker minority is just nothing but trouble...
But I think human beings have slave mentality and many a times they behave like martyrs under such circumstances to be just,"Polite." and not complain....
But to tell you the truth I did want to complain very much because just to annoy the boring rich
white folks because they think that I am a dark skinned Asian Bitch from hell and my husband did not want the white people to confirm that that was true.
But no matter what they were all thinking it, thinking that I was some dark skinned Asian Paki
bitch from fundo states...
I know they were thinking it because none of them said, "Good morning." to us before the lousy
breakfast.  Though my husband is very white,tall, 100% American, they still never said, "Good morning." to us even when he said, "Hi, good morning."to them, they avoided us.
So my husband knew that they were racists and if I complained they will be even more racists and condescending but I wanted them to be condescending and racists towards us, especially me, openly butI wanted to respect my husband who had already spend a fortune on this lousy so called, "Victorian B&B,,,Victorian my ass.....Every one wants to call everything,"Victorian."  Go home...Only thing Victorian was Queen Victoria who beat the shit all of all the South Asians for centuries and is now dead.....
Nothing else is Victorian including the breakfast, the mattress and the fucking shower with tits.
So I paid attention to my husband's request and didn't open my mouth except to say, "THank you."
"Thank you." to the owner who kept saying, "YOu are very welcome."
He was so proud of himself and his success, the owner of B&B.
"He is cracking up inside and saying to himself about the customers, "Hey, you idiots, you have
silently accepted my aggression and I have made a lot of money at your expanse, I gave you rotten beds
and rotten breakfast, a hundred percent rotten situation and got away with it....
And us...We decided that we will never go back to Hudson NY...For what any way?
To just walk up and down, up and down Warren street?
I am so lucky that I never became famous to perform UPstate NY or any other white, very white American cities and for that very reason,(No fame, no fame at all) I always stayed in NYC,
in Manhattan, in the East Village never the less.
Good Luck Sandra Bernhard ....
"And you are very welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment