Saturday, January 7, 2012

MADMAN
AND
A MAD WOMAN
BY
BINA SHARIF
copyright:binasharif:2011-2012

MAD MAN:

I am not a martyr. I have figured it all out
about life.

MAD WOMAN:

What have you figured out about life?
You haven't got much of a life any way
and in your state of mind what can you figure out?
Life is the business of philosophers in clean suits with
brief cases and great jobs. Only those kind of people know about life.

MAD MAN:

I know about life. I know about it more than any one else.

MAD WOMAN:

What do you know?
Tell me. Enlighten me about life.

MAD MAN:

Life is entirely meaningless.
Totally, absolutely meaningless.
And wants to just live it?
Live it out till one dies without a ray of purpose,
hope,faith,future.
Future is all meaningless too, so is faith, so is hope.
There can't be no hope when there is no meaning.
Tell me what is the meaning of your life that you want to live it?

MAD WOMAN:

I have faith in me and thus faith in life and thats the meaning
of my life, my faith,

MAD MAN:

What's your faith?

MAD WOMAN:

No faith in particular. I mean I am not a catholic, nor a protestant
or jewish or a mormon..........

MAD MAN: (cuts her of)

But you are in a church. You must have a catholic faith?

MAD WOMAN:

I am in a church because its cold out side and church is
nice enough to people who are shivering with cold and are not philosophers.
Church want the non philosophers to be warm also in the freezing winter.
I am not here for my faith or for jesus. I am here for warmth and may be hot tea.

MAD MAN:

But you are not having hot tea. Others are having it.

MAD WOMAN:

I will have hot tea soon

MAD MAN:

When?

MAD WOMAN:

Soon

MAD MAN:

Why don;t you go to the other side and get some hot tea?

MAD WOMAN:

let them get done with it. I don't want to go near clean people
with meaningful lives.

MAD MAN:

No people's life has meaning. Clean people, dirty people,
Scientists, lawyers,doctors,............


No comments:

Post a Comment