Wednesday, May 25, 2022

POETRY, OBSERVATIONS, PERFORMANCE PIECES, PART TWO

              POETRY, OBSERVATIONS

            PRETTY LITTLE SAD THINGS

              I have so much sadness in me...

              I can sit still for hours like an art model

              think and remember the good things gone by...

              That's what is making me sad...

               Thinking and sitting still for hours...

                Doing nothing but staring in space...                I wonder if any one notice?

                Notice my sadness...I mean!

                No, no one does...

                It's a happy world...                

                The world we live in...      

                Sadness must be shunned...            

                That's why I see no one especially the happy people  

                And there are so many happy, happy people around

                Need to find a sad person to share my stillness

                of sorrow...

                 My sorrow is lonely....


                 PURPOSE OF LIFE

                 What life?

                  Life,  just life...

                Where is it?

                  Around the corner...

                  My life is around the corner?

                  Yes.

                  Which corner? 

                   North? or South?

                   East? or West?

                   I don't know about that...

                   You should know

                   It's your life...

                    Not mine...

                                   

                  PEOPLE WATCHER

                  I watch people...

                  Passing by...

                  Some tall,  some short...

                  Some young,  some old....

                  Some miserable,  some happy...

                   Some with worried faces...

                   Some smiling...

                   Some showing incredible anxiety...

                   Some smartly dressed,  some very shabby...

                   All in a hurry...

                   No leisuree in any one's walk...

                   I notice everything...

                   I notice everyone...

                   No one notice me...

                   Too much hurry in their stride...

                    If they were a bit more leisurly

                    They will for sure notice me...

                     I am always sitting calmly while they are in a swift hurry to get places...

                  

                     MESS

                      Whose life are you leading? 

                       Mine..

                     Swear to tell the truth and noting but the truth.

                     "I am living my life and my life is a mess, 

                     nothing but a huge mess, so help me god."

                     "Take a seat."

                      " Where is your life sitting?"

                     "Look at the mess, the mess."

                     "Yes, I am looking at the mess, but where is your life sitting?"

                      "It's somewhere hidden beneath the mess."

                       "I don't even see a trace of it."

                        "Look carefully,  you might find it."

                        "I am looking, I am looking, but I can't find it, There is too much mess."

                         "Look carefully."

                         "I am looking carefully, where the fuck is it?"

                          "I think life has escaped, it's now just the mess, huge mess."

                         '"When did your life escape? 

                            No answer...

                            How did it escape?"

                           "How the hell do I know?  Life didn't inform me before escaping...

                            It silently and gracefully escaped without a whisper."


                            CONDOLENCE

                             Death has been around since the world was created.

                             Since Eve and Adam ate the apple.

                             Those days texting wasn't around...

                              How did people console their loved ones when some one died?

                              Now it has become so easy, comfortable and lazy to say the least

                              to just text, "My condolences, RIP." That is if some one cares, somewhat!

                              If you are really feeling for the person who is hurting so much, wouldn't

                              you show up in person especially when you claim to be a close friend and

                              live pretty close to the grieving friend?

                              Or at least pick up the iphone and make a personal call?

                               You won't do either...busy, far too busy...

                              "My own life absorbs me..."

                              "Oh! please, let me save face, let me text....

                                " My condolence, RIP."


                                   "RESPECT."

                          Respect for good manners was required before she would allow any closeness

                          to anyone.

                          But she always encountered vulgar ones.

                          She wondered about it. 

                         "How come good manners don't come my way any more?"

                          Then she dreamt one night, 

                           About good manners.

                           Very complicated long dream. 

                            The dream had a learned philosopher

                           Who was asking someone the same question.

                            "'What happened to the good manners?"

                             "Where did they go?" 

                             "On a holiday perhaps."

                              "I hope their holiday is not so very long." He said.

                          "It's been a long time that I have encountered any one with good manners."

                            When she heard him in her dream

                             She rushed towards him in a real hurry...

                           She rushed towards him to share her own thoughts.

                           But she suddenly woke up and was so disappointed in the 

                           abruptness of the dream's end.

                           Her disappointment was even greater because she couldn't share her concern

                           about hardly meeting any one with good manners and she has been seeking the answer

                           for ages.

                          She tried to sleep again hoping for her dream to return.

                          But alas!

                          She stayed awake tossing and turning till the rays of daylight seeped through

                          the curtains on her window. 

                          She gave up her struggle and got out of the bed and made herself a cup of tea.

                          While she sipped her hot tea, she promised herself to keep looking for that

                          philosopher of her unfullfilled dream.

                          She kept looking but never found him but she keep thinking of him whenever

                           she encounters vulgarity of all kinds of horrific, so called, "modern manners."

                           

            

                           

                          



                           

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment