Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MAZDOORI/SUFFERING UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES

Mazdoori would be fine
If it came with exciting lifting of bricks or heavy metal
But mazdoori has come with lifting the burdens with the utmost boredom
I mean boredom of every day, day by day, every minute, minute by minute

Wasn't this supposed to be an exciting adventure?
You can go to the theater and make it exciting
Change the formate of mazdoori(burdens)
Make it exciting, stimulating with the buzz of ooh and ahhhhhhhhh
Who is preventing you?

Go stand outside BAM and ask for a ticket to see Cate Blanchett
You can pay $2000
Not much to see Cate
That's exciting
That's not mazdoori

Now if you had that kind of cash you won't be talking about mazdoori(burdens) and boredom
You would be getting dressed, wearing your heels.....
Heels?
Do I have heels?
Yes, I do
In the closet
I saved them for Cate...

To see Cate Blanchett You have to wear heels
Call a cab and go to BAM and offer two thousand dollars for a ticket to see
Blanchett ...

You will instantly become Important and some one extremely theatrical
and glamerous....
'She is the one who paid $2000 to see Cate"
People will point at you admiringly
"Who? Who? Who?"
"She...She...She"
The all others, the other Unimportant people who only paid $80 will disappear
Vanish in thin air....
That day won't be the day of burden for you...
It would be a marvelous day
To see Cate Blanchett loosing her mind  i "Street car named desire."
and you loosing your money
But its not a loss
It is to sustain life in a healthy, lovely, exciting way
Than the burden of Mazdoori in a cold, rainy, foggy, foreign land
Will turn into a life well lived with Glamour and theater and Cate.......

You can't come here and not have those dollars to see Cate
And still expect to live a life  like the others who live in this town...

Otherwise to be here is nothing but gloom and doom and boredom and Mazdoori
Oh! heavens lift this Mazdoori off of my shoulders and let me get a ticket to see
Cate suffer on stage for three hours like Tennessee Suffered for twenty years
when all the mighty God's of theater cursed him and shunned him and reduced him to
a crying puppy...Accusing him of loosing all his power and poetry...
Wasn't he the author of the play in which Cate is suffering on stage?
aand people are willing to pay $2000?

Yes, he was the author, Tennessee Williams...
Who died with the expectation of getting one more "Rave Review."
From the mighty critic but died with grief and sorrow of rejection in later years
He must be turning in his grave.... suddenly amazed...
"Oh! I am the author of this damaged pain and poetry, Oh! I am the one."

Yes, he is the one....I recognize his words and him...
I have a photograph of him and myself together....I swear I do.....
People don't believe me
But I met him
Not only met him
But I have a phto taken sitting next to him
With my arm around is shoulder...
"How could she? People gossip
H"How could she? This one, this woman of color, a foreigner..."
Yes, this foreigner, the woman of color have a photograpg with the mighty Tennessee Williams
The poet above all poets.
But I can't go and see Cate at BAM because I don't have the dollars and that's my
Mazdoori(Burden of the day and of every day) Its the dollar silly, 
The dollar.....
Will free you from anxiety, boredom, loneliness and of nothingness.............
And will take you to Cate when she loses her mind
But that's just fiction...
I have mazdoori every day
I am also a poet
I learned all the poetry from Tennessee Williams.
That's my reward
God is fair afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment