Monday, November 9, 2009

FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE

Failure why don't you just go away?
Bothering me so much every day
I never heard your name before I arrived here
How come you didn't accompany me before?

I was born without you and your Influence
How come you accompanied me across the sea?

I need to be alone, I am a loner, why don't you understand?
Need no company of any one especially you

There was a time when i used to miss people, 
friends, companions, relatives
But instead you sneaked in
and you sneaked in...

Wasn't looking for you...
Never.
But you were waiting for me at the end of the boat ride
But I didn't take a boat after al

I arrived by a plane like a successful traveller
and you heard about the arrival and ran from the docks to the airport
to receive me the  very first day....
and you have never left me since then.....

You and you alone have been the most constant companion 
Like a bad marriage 
bothering me, critical and un-approving
of whatever I try to accomplish....

" failure, failure. failure.
" you whisper in my exhausted ears
all day and all night
even in my sleep
you wake me uo so many times
Need a thousand sleeping pills

Why were you waiting for me at the airport?
In this city no one waits for any one
No one waits for no one anywhere now...

Don't you have anything else to do?
Why don't you go after the high achievers and go getters?
Wouldn't  you look better being attached to some glittery monument?

I want to be alone
How many times I have begged you to understand that

I am happy to be alone with myself...
I don't need you to tell me what you repeat every second

Now I am capable of telling myself a thing or two....
So why don't you just go away
Go back to the airport
International arrival
Idiots arrive every day
Go whisper in their ears your precious, ominous words

I didn't take you seriously first
But you were so persistent
See What persistence can do.....
Perhaps I should learn something from you
Your persistence.....

"Persistence of failure."
Should be the title of my new poem....

I see the flickering smiles of satisfaction and happiness
on the faces of my so called, "Friends."

My ,"friends." always wanted me to fail
They were perhaps your relatives
At least you made them happy.....
Now they can go ahead, get ahead, and,"make it,"

But good luck to you and all your relatives....

But if you now leave me
I promise I will keep your memory alive
And will always write poems of, "Failure."

I am not American
I don't have to have ,"positive attitude." 24 hours of the day.......
I came from ancient lands where people tell each other
stories of war and ruin and starvation and oppression and occupation

They all sit together in a circle around the fire out doors in a bombed out court yard
wrapped in Pashmina Shawals which the occupier wants to steal.
Occupier is always from the colder lands
Needs Pashmina for sure to keep him warm in his snowy country....

But those people surrounded by the ruins of their lands
smoking hooka pipes never mentioned the word, "Failure."
I notice that now...
No mention of failure at all.

I wonder why not ?
They are the ones who have failed miserably....
But the, word, "FAILURE." I only heard in the successful lands....

Success was everywhere in the civilized, rich, democratic lands...
 but the failure kept whispering in my ears....
,'Failure...."fail...ure"...fa..il..ur..e."


No comments:

Post a Comment